Brides and grooms would always say that their wedding day breezed by so fast – as if everything they planned for months and months swiftly passed them by with a blink of an eye. From the preparations in the morning to the ceremony and up to the very last dance of the reception, the bride and the groom are caught up in everything that is happening all at once. With so many overwhelming moments, the only way they get to cherish each and every one is to simply get photographs.
Hence, wedding photographers have a huge responsibility in their hands. Their job of capturing moments and immortalizing memories are not to be taken so lightly, as these very moments of the newlyweds might just be worth keeping for eternity, waiting to be passed on to the next generations in their newly-built family.
So for your very own wedding, here’s the ultimate list of shots that are absolute must-haves when it comes to your wedding day:
- The bride preparing with her bridesmaids. As they put on their makeup and step into the lovely dresses, this specific moment in the bride’s life symbolizes her last moments as a single lady.
- The breath-taking wedding dress. Be sure to get a great portrait of the dress right before it gets any wrinkles, marks, smudges, or even tears.
- The rings. As a symbol of the beloved union, no wedding would be complete without these precious elements.
- The groom toasting with the groomsmen. The men, on the other hand, love bonding through sports, games, food, and even through a couple bottles of beer.
- The bride with her father. It could be as a first-look kind of photo or a heartwarming hug right before you head out the door to the church.
- The groom waiting at the altar. Of course, it is that moment of anticipation that builds up the excitement for the day’s events. You as the bride would be absolutely thrilled to see what actually took place in the venue right before you arrived, right?
- The bride steps out of the car and waits to start the march. So much excitement and joy could not be contained in a single photograph at this point, plus points for sporting a cool ride for the bride as well.
- The grand bridal walk. The show-stopping march towards the altar, where all eyes are definitely on you.
- The groom’s reaction. Remember, it is the first time he gets to see you during the entire day, with the dress, veil, and everything. What a great moment to be caught on camera!
- The ceremony highlights. This may include the vows, the rings, and other important details like the signing of the marriage documents, sand ceremony, rope ceremony, and so on.
- The first kiss.
- The announcement. For the first time, the newlyweds are announced with so much joy and excitement. What an amazing moment for each and everyone present.
- The newlyweds with the priest/pastor/civil minister.
- The newlyweds with the parents and siblings of each side.
- The newlyweds with all of their family, friends, and invited guests.
- The newlyweds’ exiting the church or venue.
- The reception venue right before guests step in or arrive.
- The newlyweds entering the reception.
- The first dance.
- The wedding cake.
- The cake cutting and the toast.
- The speeches and the priceless reactions.
- The father-daughter dance.
- The bouquet and garter toss.
- The newlyweds at the photo booth.
- The newlyweds dancing and partying.
- The grand exit and send off.